Funding Resources & Opportunities at Florida State
Internal Funding Resources
External Funding Resources
- Pivot - funding connected
- Grant Forward (A searchable database of current funding opportunities)
- Foundation Center - The FSU Foundation provides access to this database to the FSU Community. The Foundation Center profiles nearly 10,000 grant makers and provides details on funders who grant scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals. Profiles include application information, giving programs and limitations, and financial data.
- Grants.gov - Grants.gov is your source to FIND and APPLY for federal grants
- FSU College of Education Funding Opportunities Database
Alerts from Funding Agencies
Grants.gov provides an e-mail notification service for upcoming grants. You can select alerts to be sent to you by category of funding activity, by funding type, by eligible applicants or by agency. Alerts are sent as soon as an opportunity is posted to grants.gov that fits your request.
- National Science Foundation
The National Science Foundation's email alerts service provides access to funding opportunities, publications, discoveries, job postings, and other topics.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Guide to Grants and Contracts
The NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts provides the latest information concerning policies and procedures governing the National Institutes of Health, the Table of Contents of the weekly NIH Guide (funding opportunities), and other information of interest to the biomedical/life sciences community.
- To subscribe to the NIH Guide LISTSERV, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following text in the message body (not the "Subject" line): subscribe NIHTOC-L your name (Example: subscribe NIHTOC-L Beth Hodges)
FedBizOpps.gov lists all federal government contracting opportunities that exceed $25,000, including major solicitations, contract awards, subcontracting opportunities, and other procurement information. This resource is most useful for faculty and staff, although there are some valuable opportunities for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. Email alerts can be set up by establishing search agents with specific sets of criteria.
- Research Development and Grant Writing News
The Office of Research provides this outstanding newsletter to all interested FSU faculty, staff and students (login required). The content is relevant to all academic disciplines and all levels of faculty, postdocs, graduate, and/or undergraduate students involved in research.
If you would like this newsletter to be sent to you automatically each month, please contact Beth Hodges and ask to be added to the Research Development and Grant Writing News listserve.
- Office of Research Newsletter
The FSU Office of Research provides a monthly newsletter which contains information about funding, as well as changes to policies, upcoming trainings and other information pertinent to the FSU research community. Subscribe to this monthly newsletter.
Federal Agencies and their Funding Opportunities Links
Below are links to Funding Opportunity listings and database maintained by federal agencies.
Information about Grants
FSU Faculty Expertise and Advancement System
This site, hosted by the Office of Faculty Development and Advancement, contains a searchable CV Database. By logging in, FSU Faculty and Staff members can perform keyword searches to find other faculty on campus for collaborative research purposes.
This website provides access to the Faculty Expertise and Advancement System. Functions are provided to download finalized faculty vitae which were generated from the CV database. A keyword search option provides the ability to search the database for a word or phrase and may be limited by CV citation category or citation time frame. Links are also provided for summary faculty information. These files may also be searched by a limited Google search that only searches finalized CVs.