About the Office of Research Compliance Programs
- Creates and supports an environment that promotes the ethical and responsible conduct of research;
- Ensures University compliance with federal, state and local regulations with regard to research;
- Conducts internal audits or assessments to monitor research compliance and assist in the reduction of identified problem areas.
- Develops and implements effective educational programs that enhance responsible conduct and integrity in scientific research.
- Develops, publishes, and implements written policies and procedures regarding the responsible conduct of research;
- Monitors and alerts research compliance areas regarding regulatory updates;
- Maintains a confidential hotline for the reporting of concerns involving the responsible conduct of research;
- Reviews and acts upon concerns related to the responsible conduct of research.
The Director reports to the Vice President for Research and works collaboratively with the faculty, staff, and chairs of regulatory committees and the directors/heads of other University units responsible for research compliance. The Director provides coordination for the administration, support, monitoring, and oversight of a range of research compliance functions.