Information on the FSU Human Subjects Review System (HSRS)
New Blank Online Application to use as a reference guide only, please make all submissions through the HSRS link.
Renewal Blank Online Application to use as a reference guide only, please see above.
Change in protocol Blank Online Application to use as a reference guide only, please see above.
Helpful hints on completing the online application
- The system saves each screen when the next button is pressed
- The system times out after 60 minutes of inactivity
- Reference the "New Blank Online Application" link above and answer all fields that require long answers in a separate Word document. Then cut and paste the answers into the real online application in the HSRS (Online System).
- Spell check the application using the Google toolbar
- Review your application before you press the submit button as the application locks after submission
- Name uploaded files with PI Last name, type of document and current date of submission (i.e. smithconsent clean_08-27-2018.doc)
- Contact your Faculty Advisor (students only) and let him/her know to look out for the email regarding your Application, this is the first step of the review process
- Check back with the Faculty Advisor if you do not receive an email regarding his/her review in a timely manner
- Double Check all email addresses in the application to ensure there are no mistakes, as this is how you will receive notifications
- Print out the entire application after submission for your records
- Keep all emails regarding the project for your records
- Approval letters are only sent out via-email. We no longer send a paper version, so please print and save the email for your records, and check that all attachments are correct upon receipt.
All renewal requests should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the expiration date to avoid a lapse in their approval.
If you have any questions or need technical help regarding the online system, please contact our office at (850) 644-7900 or email@example.com.