Award Hiatus Period
- CRC program hiatus periods apply to the PI and any Co-PI(s) on a grant.
- Even if an award is not funded at the maximum dollar amount, the full hiatus period is still applicable.
- Twelve-month faculty members cannot apply for PI salary support. These faculty members may use CRC funding for student salary support and other approved research expenses.
- CRC grant funds can only be used to support research and creative activity; travel to attend or present at conferences is not considered an eligible expense.
- The CRC will support a stipend for a student; tuition and matriculation payments are not allowed. Funding for student travel on CRC grants is not allowed.
- Project spending must align with the approved budget. Any changes must be requested in advance by using the CRC Time Extension and Budget Amendment Submission page. See additional information in the CRC General Conditions of Award document.
- A maximum of two budget amendments is permitted per project.
- Failure to follow the stated guidelines and approved project budget may result in the withdrawing of project funds, repayment of misspent funds by the PI/department, and/or future disqualification of the PI from CRC funding.
- Faculty members who receive CRC funds during a sabbatical will be asked to repay those funds if they leave the university during the year following the award. In addition, summer funding (FYAP, COFRS) will not be awarded, or will be terminated if awarded, for faculty planning to leave the university immediately following the award period.
- Funds cannot be advanced prior to your award's start date. However, a Cash Advance is allowable within the award period in certain cases. Guidance on this policy can be found here.
- Students and post-docs are not eligible to apply as a PI or Co-PI on CRC grants.
- FAMU faculty members are not eligible to receive funding from the CRC; any applications submitted to the CRC by FAMU Engineering faculty may be eligible for funding by the Dean of Engineering at the Dean's discretion.
- Only full-time, active status (at time of the award) FSU Faculty who are eligible to apply for CRC funding can be a PI or Co-PI on a CRC grant.
Scope and/or Personnel Changes
- Any changes to the scope of work of an award require the approval of the CRC prior to implementation. These changes may include, but are not limited to, alterations to the goals or specific aims, changes in animal or human subjects use, or programmatic shifts to a third party or subcontractor.
- Failure to follow the stated guidelines and approved scope of work may result in the withdrawing of project funds and/or future disqualification of the PI from CRC funding.
- Changes in senior personnel (PI or Co-PI) require the prior approval of the CRC. Changes to project team personnel (department representative, ePRO approver, etc.) may be made using Sponsored Research Administration's Personnel Change Request form.
- No-cost time extensions and budget amendments require the prior approval of the CRC. Requests to extend an award must be submitted with a justification through the Time Extension and Budget Amendment Submission page no less than 30 days prior to the award expiration date.
- Only one time extension is permitted per project.
- Time extensions will not be allowed on budgets supporting PI summer salaries. Due to university policy, faculty members cannot receive CRC salary funds simultaneously with university-distributed salary funds.