Diversity and Inclusion in Research
"Across the nation, institutions of higher education are struggling to build meaningful community from an increasingly diverse student body. With programs like Unconquered Scholars, FSU is redefining what inclusion can mean on college campuses—which has led to our being named one of only 10 “Diversity Champion” universities nationally by INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Our approach starts with a belief that diversity is about more than a particular head count: it must reflect the quality and depth of interactions. By valuing, celebrating and leveraging the differences and similarities within our community, we create a fertile environment for problem-solving—one that is more inventive and compassionate. We’re proud that our cohesive community has become a signature of the FSU experience. But we can, and we will, do more."
For Information on Diversity & Inclusion Resources at FSU Visit https://diversity.fsu.edu/.
Federal Funding Opportunities for Research Topics Related to Diversity & Inclusion
- NIH Diversity Related Funding Opportunity Announcements
- NSF INCLUDES seeks to improve collaborative efforts aimed at enhancing the preparation, increasing the participation, and ensuring the contributions of individuals from groups that have been historically underrepresented and underserved in the STEM enterprise.
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health (BIRCWH) | Office of Research on Women's Health (nih.gov)
Federal and Private Funding Opportunities to Promote a Diverse Research Community
For faculty from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups (as identified by the NSF as Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and or other Pacific Islanders), individuals with disabilities (as described in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended), and women in research.
- Pivot Funding Search for Faculty from Underrepresented Racial and Ethnic Groups (FSU Faculty need to can register for a FREE Pivot account to access this funding search)
- Pivot Funding Search for Individuals with Disabilities
- Pivot Funding Search for Women