One-on-one Consultations for First Year Assistant Professors:
Early-Career Grant Strategy Program
In our Early Career Grants Strategy Program we support Strategy, Skill Development, and Capacity Building in research to support your research goals and proposal development.
Build Research Capacity
Develop Your Proposal
· Research Development Strategy Consultation
· Position Yourself as a Competitive Candidate
· Finding Collaborators or Area Experts
· Seminars, Events & Training
· Other Campus Research Development Resources
· Proposal Development Strategy Consultation
· Other Research Support Services and Contacts
· Find Funding
· Understanding sponsors
· Determining Research Needs
· Tools & Templates
· Review Examples of Proposals
· Developing Proposal Sections, e.g., Responsible Conduct of Research, Data Management, Mentoring Plans, Education and Outreach, Letters of Support
One-on-one meetings are offered to all first year assistant professors. During these sessions, we learn about your research and discuss resources and strategies to provide a research and grantsmanship road-map to take you from your first semester on campus to tenure.
Primary Goals of the Program:
- Coaching through needed next steps, assessing need and planning goals
- Providing accountability and structure (the path and activities needed)
- Providing guidance towards grant activities and university resources
We'll provide you with navigational tools across the offices within the FSU Office of Research, grant writing resources, information on research networking events and faculty workshops, and a reflection tool for your research development plan towards grantsmanship, discussing your needs and goals with follow-up support offered.
As part of this program, you can choose to meet once, twice, or every 4-6 weeks during your first year on campus. And if your first year is not the best time for you to participate in this program, reach out during another Fall semester that's more appropriate for you. If you are a First Year Assistant Professor, you will most likely be contacted and informed about the program. If you have not been contacted and would like to participate in the program, please contact Rachel Goff-Albritton to schedule your first meeting.
If you've already met with ORD, please complete our brief survey to provide feedback on your experience.