The Office of Federal Relations works with Members of Congress, committee staff, and executive branch agencies to increase knowledge of and generate support for FSU priorities. We also coordinate with the higher education community to advocate for issues of shared interest, such as increased research and student aid funding.
The Office of Federal Relations is located in Washington, D.C. However, the Director of Federal Relations visits campus monthly to meet with faculty, staff, students and Tallahassee-based congressional staff. We encourage you to contact us to discuss any federal policy matters that potentially impact your work. Additionally, please contact our office first if you plan to reach out to a member of the federal delegation on a FSU-related matter.
Some of our services include:
- Development of Annual FSU Federal Agenda
- Funding Strategy Development
- Troubleshooting with Federal Agencies
- Congressional Meeting/Visit Setting and Participation
- Direct Advocacy with FSU Congressional Delegation on Priority Issues
- Campus Briefings on Federal Developments
- Fielding Campus Questions on Federal Policy Matters
- Strategy Development with Key National Associations
- Completion of FSU Lobbying Compliance Filings
Office of the Vice President for Research
Florida State University
3012 Westcott North
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1330