Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology for biofuels
- Establish a rational molecular-level basis for understanding the properties and behavior of petroleum (especially heavy ends) and biofuels (2nd and 3rd generation)
- Couple the molecular identification based on elemental composition from Fourier-transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry (FT-ICRMS) with various quantitative methodologies for fully characterize the feeds and products.
- Correlate the chemical composition with properties and performance for building "petroleomics" database.
- Publish and present non-proprietary results/findings to ensure widest acceptance and impact.
- Train current and future professionals.