Search Funding by Topic/Keyword
Use these databases to search for funding opportunities matching specific keywords
ProQuest Pivot is a searchable database of external funding opportunities that comprise approximately $50 billion of available funding from federal, non-federal, and international sponsors in all disciplines. Creating a user profile allows you to save custom searches and receive email alerts about new opportunities that match your profile and your search criteria.
Please note that the Pivot funding database is password protected, but available to all FSU researchers and students
- VISIT THE PIVOT WEBSITE
- Download Pivot Quick Start Guide
- Visit the YouTube Pivot channel for more information
- Foundation Directory - The FSU Foundation provides access to this database to the FSU Community. The Foundation Center profiles nearly 10,000 grant makers and provides details on funders who grant scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals. Profiles include application information, giving programs and limitations, and financial data.
- Grants.gov - Grants.gov is your source to FIND and APPLY for federal grants
- Mendeley Funding, which is geared toward individual researchers, is free (just as Mendeley Reference Manager and Mendeley Data are free for individual researchers, and there’s no cost to researchers to set up a profile on Mendeley online). Mendeley Funding access is provided via an individual’s login credentials and offers simple funding opportunity search capabilities.
Pivot Curated Opportunity Searches by Research Topics
Researchers are encouraged to visit the sponsor's webpage for full information regarding opportunities of interest. Also, don't forget to subscribe to Research Development & Grant Writing Newsletter, a monthly digest of funding opportunities, news, and grant-related articles.
To learn how to do an individualized 'advanced search' for your specific research area, check out this Pivot Tutorial on advance searching. Click the links below to find external funding opportunities from federal, non-federal, and international sponsors across various broad categories for free using your FSU NetID .