Sponsored Research Administration (SRA), a unit under the purview of the Vice President for Research, is responsible for pre- and post-award functions of the university for awards with public funding (federal, state, and local governments) and public funding that is flowed through private organizations.
To provide the university community with client-centered, professional, and appropriate administrative expertise to support the responsible management of sponsored projects. In carrying out this mission, our goal is to provide responsive administrative guidance and education for our constituents in order to facilitate Florida State University's teaching, research, and service missions.
- Assist faculty with proposal review and submission.
- Negotiate and execute agreements on behalf of the University and assist faculty with pre award advances where appropriate.
- Establish and communicate policies and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with applicable contract and grant terms, Federal and State regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Activate sponsored project accounts including cost share and review expenditures to provide assurance that sponsored financial activities are in compliance with sponsor regulations.
- Provide post-award non-financial services such as project extensions, budget revisions, key personnel changes, or scope of work changes.
- Establish effective cash management systems to ensure cash flow and the corresponding collection and deposits to respective contract and grant accounts.
- Monitor and review sub-recipient activity to ensure compliance with applicable contract and grant terms, Federal and State regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial reports and invoices as required by sponsoring agencies including cost share reports and receive and deposit all subsequent payments.
- Prepare Facilities and Administrative Rate proposal.
- Respond to audit inquiries.
- Provide training to departmental representatives and Principal Investigators to further develop and enhance their knowledge and skills related to the management of sponsored funding.
- Facts Sheet
- F&A Rate Agreement
- Proposal Transmittal Form
- Proposal Submission Policy
- Limited Submissions
- EDMS Log-In
Sponsored Research Administration
874 Traditions Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4166
Ph: (850) 644-5260
Fax: (850) 644-1464