Sponsored Research Administration (SRA), a unit under the purview of the Vice President for Research, is responsible for pre- and post-award functions of the university for awards with U.S. public funding (federal, state, and local governments) and U.S. public funding that is flowed through private organizations.
The new eSPEAR Certificate Series will replace the Sponsored Research Administration Certificate Series and SPEAR (Sponsored Projects Education & Resources) Workshops. While FSU Staff and Faculty are welcome to take courses in either format, it is important to keep in mind that this is the last year that the Sponsored Research Administration Certificate Series and SPEAR will be offered. Those who are currently working towards a certification in the Sponsored Research Administration Certificate Series need to plan to complete this certification by December 2019 (when the in-person courses will be discontinued). The online courses in the eSPEAR Certification Program will be introduced over time with the expectation of the full program being available by March 2020. Work towards the eSPEAR Certification can begin at any time. Any questions regarding the transition between the programs, should be directed to Doug Hall at email@example.com.
- 05/03/2019 - The SRA Pre-Award and Post-Award Staff Assignments have been updated. Please see our Staff Assignments Page.
- 04/22/2019 - The Sponsor Salary Limitations section of the SRA Facts Sheet has been updated to reflect the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) recent change to the maximum rates of pay for Executive Level and Senior Executive Level employees (effective January 2019). As a result of this OPM change, salary limitations for HHS NIH, DOJ OJP, and USDA NIFA have been updated. We removed the information on the NASA salary limitation from the Facts Sheet since it is not an “across the board” salary limitation. The Facts Sheet is located at https://www.research.fsu.edu/research-offices/sra/facts-sheet/.
- 04/18/2019 - SRA is happy to unveil an efficient new form, the Institutional Prior Approval Form, which replaces three existing forms: the Advance Request Form, the Prior Approval Request Form, and the CAS Exemption Request Form. Effective immediately, please use the new interactive form, which is housed on the SRA Forms webpage, for Pre-Award Spending, Advance, No-Cost Time Extension, and CAS Exemption requests. The SRA website has been updated accordingly. The Procedures for Advance have also been updated to reflect the recent change to the 7A-1 Advances for Externally Funded Projects Policy and use of the new form.
- 03/08/2019 - FSU Policy 7A-1 “Authorization for Advance on Externally-Funded Projects” is now effective and can be found at https://www.research.fsu.edu/research-offices/sra/policies-procedures/.
- 03/06/2019 - The Sponsored Research Administration (SRA) Facts Sheet has been updated to reflect the annual System for Award Management (SAM) renewal. The new SAM expiration date is March 3, 2020.
- 11/06/2018 - The National Science Foundation (NSF) is pleased to announce a revised version of 'Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 19-1)' has been issued. The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 28, 2019.
- 10/15/2018 - Due to Hurricane Michael and FSU's closure from Tuesday through Friday of last week, the Sponsored Research Administration (SRA) Open House scheduled for Tuesday, October 16th, will be postponed. Once a new time has been scheduled, an announcement will be sent out.
- 10/08/2018 - Due to the University closing for Hurricane Michael, SRA has rescheduled certificate classes SRA18: Intellectual Property & SRA01: Proposal Basics/ Electronic Submission Systems. These classes will now be held on December 17th and 19th, respectively. For additional information, please see SRA's Certificate Series Schedule.
- 08/24/2018 - 2018-2019 Graduate Assistant Stipend Increases and Contract Administration. Also, our Facts Sheet has been updated with in regards to this memo.
- 08/01/2018 –The OVPR issued a memo regarding updates to the Fixed Price Residual Funds Policy (7A-11) and request form. Please see the updated FAQ’s for additional information.
- 07/25/2018 - The Facts Sheet has been updated.
- 07/09/2018 - The F&A Rate Agreement has been updated.
- 06/15/2018 - The Post-Award Staff Assignment Sheet has been updated and posted to SRA's website under Staff Assignments.
- 06/08/2018 - The Proposal Transmittal Form (Word) has been updated under Forms.
- 06/06/2018 - The Request for New Subcontract or Amendment to Existing Subcontract form has been updated under Forms.
- 05/23/2018 - The Proposal Transmittal Form (Fillable PDF) has been updated under Forms.
- 05/15/2018 - Guidance on Letters of Intent, Concept Papers, and White Papers
- 04/17/2018 - Procedures for Award Notifications and Approvals
- 03/19/2018 - Policy for the Use of Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- 02/02/2018 - Sponsored Research Administration email address to request sponsored research queries and reports
- 01/22/2018 - Impact of Federal Government Shutdown on Federally Funded Projects
- 01/19/2018 - Clinical Trial Definition Expanded to Include Behavioral Studies (effective 01/25/2018)
- 01/19/2018 - The Pre-Award Staff Assignment Sheet has been updated and posted to SRA's website under Staff Assignments (effective 01/22/2018).
- 10/12/2017 - The SRA Facts Sheet has been updated since the University has increased the Health Insurance Subsidy Benefit for Graduate Assistants with a qualifying appointment by $82 for domestic students and $95 for international students.
- 09/20/2017 - The new Cost Share Commitment Form has been posted under Forms.
- Facts Sheet
- Graduate School
- F&A Rate Agreement
- Proposal Transmittal Form
- Proposal Submission Policy
- Limited Submissions
- EDMS Log-In
Sponsored Research Administration
874 Traditions Way
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4166
Ph: (850) 644-5260
Fax: (850) 644-1464