Research Development encompasses a set of strategic, proactive, catalytic, and capacity-building activities designed to facilitate individual faculty members, teams of researchers, and central research administrations in attracting extramural research funding, creating relationships, and developing and implementing strategies that increase institutional competitiveness. Research Development professionals initiate and nurture critical partnerships and alliances throughout the institutional research enterprise and between institutions—and with their external stakeholders. With the goal of enabling competitive individual and team research and facilitating research excellence, Research Development professionals build and implement strategic services and collaborative resources that span across disciplinary and administrative barriers within their organizations and beyond.
What do you need to do?
CHECK OUT THE OFFICE OF RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT'S D&I RESOURCES FOR RESEARCHERS, INCLUDING FUNDING ANNOUNCEMENTS
Other Research Development Resources:
Connect with a Biostatistician to Support Your Research
Philippe Gaillard, Ph.D., is located in the Office for Clinical Research Advancement (OCRA), under the FSU Office of Research. Researchers wanting to connect with Gaillard for assistance should email OCRA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to Request a Consultation with FSU's support system for "Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Informatics, or Research Design" (BERD)
Here you can request to have a consultation for biostatistics, epidemiology, informatics, or research design (BERD). BERD provides scope limited consultations that are intended to help you the researcher understand the underlying statistical aspects of your research design so that you can adequately plan projects.
Other Research Development Support Services Include:
- Supporting the development of collaborative networking or training events (i.e, suggestions for university resources/spaces, digital support tools)
- Assisting with how to best communicate your science to any audience
- Establishing accountability methods for timely completion of projects
- Strategizing a timeline for research career success
- Navigating contacts in research offices (e.g., Human Subjects, Lab Animals, and Commercialization)
- Connecting you with resources, such as how-to guides and support for data management plans, FSU support for high-performance computing or data storage,
- Directing you to compliance training resources, including responsible conduct of research