CITI Training Requirements
Before research is approved by the IRB, key personnel* are required to complete or be current on (within the last 3 years) the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Human Subjects Research (HSR) initial or refresher training.
Instructions to enroll in the correct CITI course:
The IRB requires the “Human Subjects Research (HSR)” training. To enroll, follow these instructions:
- Register or log in to the CITI Program Website using your official FSU email address (see Important Notes below)
- Affiliate with “Florida State University” as your Institutional Affiliation and then select the option to “Add a Course.”
- A list of questions requires that you select courses for which you’d register. Scroll to Question 7; this asks if you are required to complete the HSR Training. Select one of the “FSU Faculty, Staff, and Students” Social/Behavioral or Biomedical/Clinical course options in order to access this training.
- If you are required to complete a Good Clinical Practice (GCP) course, scroll back to Question 6; this asks if you are required to complete a Good Clinical Practice (GCP) course. IF you are conducting a federal agency-supported (e.g., NIH funded clinical trial) or FDA regulated clinical trial, you must select either the "GCP for Clinical Trials with Investigational Drugs and Medical Devices (U.S. FDA Focus)" or "GCP - Social and Behavioral Research Best Practices for Clinical Research" course, as may be applicable depending on your study focus and activities.
- Affirmative answers to other questions will add additional courses to your CITI account.
The OHSP can be contacted at email@example.com or (850) 644-7900 for clarification and assistance with human subjects research training.
Office for Human Subjects Protection (OHSP)
2010 Levy Avenue
Bldg. B Suite 276
Tallahassee FL, 32306-2742
Ph: (850) 644-7900 (automated call answering with voice menu system allowing callers to be routed quickly and efficiently to needed points of contact)
Fax: (850) 644-4392