Key Investigator Resources
- To see what activities require IRB review, click on this Decision Trees link (also on the left) and scroll down to the Engagement algorithm (in "What activities require IRB review?"). The chart provides a high-level overview of key decision points.
- Are you a student researcher? Your activities are subject to special requirements; refer to Does Your Student-led Activity Require FSU IRB Review?
- ALL IRB applications or requests for a regulatory determination require a RAMP IRB system submission and use of templates (under the IRB, Library and Templates tabs); see our FAQs, RAMP IRB-related FAQ#1.
- Some submissions are subject to deadlines; others are reviewed on a rolling basis. See our Review Pathways page and then, if your study requires a convened IRB meeting review, our meeting dates & deadlines page.
- Applicable law does not permit retroactive (after a study has begun) IRB review; plan accordingly.
At the panels below are brief annotations about and links to other key resources; links are also provided on the left.
To understand more about when and how your activity may require IRB review, refer to the Decision Trees link on the left and click on the Engagement algorithm for a quick overview.